Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:13:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tyler McGeorge <millioncheese@yahoo.com>
To:        Jason Hunt <jason.hunt@niicommunications.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS howto

I bought the Unix Bible, which has a step-by-step
walkthrough for setting up a BIND name server.
However, with the new version of BIND, their
configuration file formats are incorrect. But a
simple "man named.conf" will guide you through the
proper corrections. I went through and set it up as
the Unix Bible told me to, then I went back and used
the information I learned from the book and the
manpages to fix the configuration files. The Unix
Bible has a whole chapter on DNS servers, how they
work, what everything means, and like I said, a sample
and walkthrough.

Hope it helps,
Ty
--- Jason Hunt <jason.hunt@niicommunications.com>