Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:16:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <beef@beef.tht.net>
To:        "Ian O'Friel" <Genius@glasgow.crosswinds.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: #freebsd-newbies

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Ian O'Friel wrote:

> I think the most sensible option for the IRC channel is to try it on a
> Server, if it doesn't work out, move to another server and try again until
> you find the right combination......
>
> Trial and Error is the Best Way.....
>
> Ian

  Hello again,

 To be frank, #freebsd-newbies is up and running on both efnet and
undernet. In fact I have just purchased another shell account to set up
bots in case my ISP reboots (like every day).

 One person sent mail saying the blind leading the blind...well I have
talked to a few people who are willing to help in the channel when it gets
going. But the channels can be more than just help. They can be good to
get to know other users. By the way, blind leading the blind may result in
brainstorms. That in turn may lead to problem solving.

 In addition, I have received mail from some very interesting people. All
of whom, I would like to get to know. Mail is great. But chatting on IRC
is even better at times. The only problem is when you stay up for 40 hours
at a time.

Regards,
Lanny Baron