Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:39:45 -0500
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How Scientific!

You know, I see stuff like this all the time.  CompUSA circulars often
advertise the FreeBSD Power Pack in their section under the heading of
"Linux Distributions" along with Red Hat and Corel.  I actually considered
mentioning the technical incorrectness of this to someone at CompUSA but on
further consideration decided that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I don't mind seeing FreeBSD riding the coattails of Linux's increased
popularity.  Besides, when someone moderately technical asks me what
FreeBSD is, I'm very likely to mention Linux somewhere in my
explanation.  My own first knowledge of FreeBSD came as a result of looking
into various Linux distributions.

--Chip Morton