Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:34:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncr problems (and amd)

Some VIA based chipset motherboards can mess-up a lot with your controller
when some feature is enabled on the chipset.

I donnot remember exactly the feature that makes problems (DMA problems),
but it should have something to do with `cache streaming' or `PCI
streaming'.

Could you look into your mother-board set-up if a feature that resembles
`<something> streaming' is enabled and then disable it.

  G=E9rard.