Date:      Fri, 27 May 2011 13:30:13 GMT
From:      Dalibor Gudzic <dalibor.gudzic@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x

The following reply was made to PR kern/140796; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dalibor Gudzic <dalibor.gudzic@gmail.com>
To: Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach
 hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:25:05 +0200

 On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
 > Nope, you need to use cloned devices, not ath0.
 >
 > ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0 country Australia
 >
 > then do your stuff to wlan0, not ath0. :)
 >

 > Adrian

 Ah, I haven't been using FreeBSD for some time now... I see things
 have changed in 7.x. :) Card is WORKING properly now. I tried setting
 and address and listening on it. I will test further today and see if
 there are any problems.
 Anyway, is there a chance for a patch downstream to STABLE? Or change
 is already there?

 Again, thank a lot for your time and effort on this issue.

 All best

 Dalibor