Date:      Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:49:58 +0000
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firefox + acroread7

Hello,

I'm having difficulties getting acroread7 to work within firefox-1.0.7.
  I've google'd and read some  on the list archives... and am still not
up and running.

I get no errors, it IS listed in 'about:plugins', and acroread7 works
from command line.  I just get nothing.  Anytime i follow a link to a
*.pdf... firefox just immediately says 'Done' in the status bar.  If I
wait forever... still nothing.

All other plugins (mplayer, QT, flash, etc) work fine.

Here's what I've done to get here:
  - Fresh install of 6.0-RELEASE from ISO
  - CVSup ports and sources (this morning)
  - build world/kernel
  - installed linux_base-8 via ports
  - installed firefox via ports
  - installed linuxpluginwrapper via ports

I copied libmap.conf-FreeBSD6 to /etc/libmap.conf.  Cut some stuff out.
  Left in the acroread sections (among others):

# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
#[/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
[/usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6			pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

Note that I changed the [pointer?] to where the shared object actually
resides.  I also created a symlink from
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so ->
/usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so

Any help is appreciated.  I've seen a few posts (some quite old) of
others having problems with acroread7 and firefox... but nothing has
solved my problem.

Thanks.

--
Regards,