Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:06:08 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Thomas Kempka <t.kempka@web.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600e  interrupt storm

Understudy <list@understudy.net> wrote:
> Which ps2 utility did you use and what did you arrange your IRQs to be
> set at.?

The ps2 utility is available at the IBM website. Just search the
downloads for your TP model number. You will need a bootable DOS
partition, floppy or cdrom for this.

> Are you using a IBM thinkpad 600e or another laptop. If so which model?

Yes, it's a TP600e (model-no. 2645-8A0).

> If you are using the 600e would please post the following information:
> What you set your IRQs at with the PS2 utility?

`ps2 pciirq 10 11'

Disable modem, midi, serial ports, parallel port and audio for testing
(use `ps2 ? irq' to list any irq used by the TP and turn anything off
that you don't need).

The above setup puts uhci0 and cbb0 on irq 11, and cbb1 on irq 10 for
me. As long as I don't use cbb0, I don't get any interrupt storm
messages and there are no device slowdowns.

I didn't do any further tests to get the other cardbus slot working
without device slowdowns as well. But I'm sure that it is resolvable
through further playing with the irq setup.

The important thing here is not to give up testing until you have
a working IRQ setup.

> The results of uname -r

FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #10: Wed Feb  9 17:52:53 CET 2005

> A copy of your kernel.

GENERIC, with NEWCARD enabled and useless stuff commented out.
Watch to load snd_mss, usb and network devices as modules to
get suspend working.

> A copy of your device.hints.

Default device.hints with acpi enabled, apm disabled.

> A copy of your dmesg.

I don't think it'd be helpful in any way to post it here.
If you really need it, drop me a mail.

> A copy of any customizing you have done to your /usr/src/ files.

I didn't customize anything in the sources that has to do with the
TP600E.

> This seems somewhat encouraging, I hope it can solve my problem with the
> interrupt storm. I get that one solved I will go onto other issues.

As long the message is your only problem with no device slowdowns coming
up, just ignore it.

Greetings, Thomas Kempka

--
Thomas Kempka