Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:28:49 -0500
From:      Bill Farina <bfarina@venture-1.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Virtual User Table Trouble

One thing that I forgot to mention below is that I also created a file
called /etc/mc and inserted the line;

	FEATURE(virtusertable, hash /etc/virtusertable)dnl

I don't know if that adds any additional light to the subject.

>Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:20:07 -0700
>From: Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
>To: Bill Farina <bfarina@venture-1.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>Subject: Re: Virtual User Table Trouble
>
>If you did this from an M4 macro, there are some additition lines you need
>to uncomment. Look for "# handle virtual users" and see if the lines below
>have a # in front of them. This is the way it was for me anyway, maybe it is
>not like this anymore.

I did this and my sendmail went South.  Definitely something that I missed,
but there's still something else hanging out there.  I tried sending a
message to myself from another account and it bounced back with the
following message:

<bfarina@venture-1.com>
... while talking to ns.venture-1.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<bfarina@venture-1.com>
<<< 554 rewrite: map virtuser not found
554 <bfarina@venture-1.com>... Service unavailable
Reporting-MTA: dns; mendota.terracom.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; pm2-04.terracom.net
Arrival-Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:52:09 -0500 (CDT)
Final-Recipient: RFC822; bfarina@venture-1.com
Action: failed