Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2000 09:22:15 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software version numbers in ports collection

With ports cvsupped on 3 Jan 2000, I get the following error message
when I do a 'make readmes' in /usr/ports:

[lines before this removed]
===>   Creating README.html for zh-c2t-1.0
===> chinese/cdict
"Makefile", line 10: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Has anyone seen this?  I'll cvsup again today and try it again.

Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> On Wed 2000-01-05 (13:55), Alwyn Schoeman wrote:
> > I notice that the software versions in the README.html files of the
> > subdirectories don't keep up with the cvsup updates.  Must one run
> > a seperate program to update the indexes?
>
> Indeed.
>
> Run "cd /usr/ports && make readmes"
>
> Neil
> --
> Neil Blakey-Milner
> nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!