Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 1995 04:10:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@txdirect.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interesting URL

http://www.das.harvard.edu/users/faculty/Brad_Chen/ftp_docs.html

Has a paper called p5.ps (apparently) which contains some timings between
NetBSD, NT, WfWG 3.11 on the same hardware.  Hopefully, it'll be an
interesting read.

I've heard (discussion in alt.folklore.computers) that one of the
drawbacks of NetBSD v. NT is the lack of a merged buffer-cache in NetBSD.

I also noticed that there are quite a few papers on caching.

Rob Snow                                            Powered by FreeBSD
rsnow@txdirect.net                              http://www.freebsd.org