Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:23:50 +0100
From:      "Colin J. Raven" <duiker@haggis.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Open ports after install..

Ports 1433 and 1434 should be blocked anyway! You are correct indeed
Miguel.... THAT was the little Sapphire bugger that tanked part of the
'net recently
Regards,
-Colin

+>=20
+> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:40:23 -0600
+> Eric Six <erics@sirsi.com> wrote:
+>=20
+> Howdy,
+>=20
+> > I just installed 5.0AXP and am locking it down a bit and I have two
+> > open ports I cannot figure out what they are:
+> >=20
+> > Port       State       Service
+> > 22/tcp     open        ssh                    =20
+> > 1433/tcp   filtered    ms-sql-s               =20
+> > 1434/tcp   filtered    ms-sql-m    =20
+>=20
+> > No sql on this box.. I am stumped...
+>=20
+> Is that a remote nmap? Could very well be your ISP filtering=20
+> those out
+> to prevent spreading of the SQL worm. Note they are filtered.
=20