Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:26:09 -0700
From:      Jeff Polk <polk@BSDI.COM>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio Z505S & X11 4.0.2 ...

> Just got FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE installed on my "new" laptop, got X installed,
> KDE2 ... took a bit to get X configured, but finally got the setting
> right, or so I thought ...

> Go into X, and my mouse acts "funny" ... if I go to click on a button, as
> long as I get the mouse over the right spot on that button, it depresses,
> and then 'sticks' there ... if I move the mouse off of that button
> afterwards, then it un-clicks and does what I asked it to ...

> I've configured it in XF86Config as a SysMouse, and have moused running on
> port /dev/psm0 ...

I've seen this problem with all the machines I'm using the 4.0.2 X server
on.  If you disable moused and use proto "Auto" and /dev/psm0 in the X config it
works correctly.  I didn't have the problem with XFree86 4.0.1 but have seen it
on my Vaio Z505LE, a friends Dell C600 notebook and on my main desktop machine.
There have been several threads on it on on freebsd-stable, but so far
nobody's offered any solutions that I've seen.

Jeff
--
     /\   Jeff Polk            Berkeley Software Design, Inc. (BSDI)
  /\/  \  polk@BSDI.COM        15235 Roller Coaster Rd., Colo Spgs, CO 80921