Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 1997 18:12:42 -0500
From:      Jacob Suter <jsuter@linus.intrastar.net>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Portmaster 3

>> Were the USR-TC's on the CT1's or were they on analog?  If they were
>>
>> not
>
> They were on analog lines.  Do you think it may be a problem with the
> telco?  Some of our users aren't having any problems at all.
> Although, I haven't seen any logins at > 28.8k.

I'd check first if the T1s are 'line side' or 'trunk side'.. you NEED
trunk side for any decent quality connections.  Trunk side is straight
digital out of the switch, line side is just that - switch -> analog ->
reverse channel bank -> digital -> your pm3 and VERY VERY crappy.

I'd make sure you aren't getting screwed (ie - line side) and take it
from there.