Date:      Sun, 04 May 1997 20:17:53 -0400
From:      Shiva Ramabadran <shiva@Nandi.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to use Trackball

Hi, I have a 3 button Trackball Pro from Precision Instruments, that
I would like to use with my Gateway 2000 system, instead of the Microsoft
Mouse that came with it.

The Trackball comes with a serial connector and a serial->ps2 adapter.
However I could not get the trackball to work either as a PS/2 device
or as a serial device. I am running 2.2.1-RELEASE.

When plugged into the PS/2 mouse port, the kernel cannot find anything
where the PS/2 mouse should be.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

-Shiva