Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:38:07 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Virtual email server

>>Olivier Nicole a =E9crit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am asked to build a virtual (couple of thousand of domains) email
>>server: smtp, imap, pop and web mail.
>>
>> Sendmail is not the best choice, any sugestion about the various =
tools
>> of choice for every components?
>>
>> So far I have only run single domain servers.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Olivier
>>  =20

>May be courier-mta :  http://www.courier-mta.org/
>In the ports tree:  mail/courier

>Rgeards

A good combination could be:

Dovecot (imap pop server)
Postfix (MTA smtp with mysql support)
Mysql (database server to store user accounts aliases enz)
Postfixadmin (webgui to manage users, domains, aliases in the mysql =
database. Also provides out of office) (I would use the svn version.)
Lighttpd (webserver for webmail)
Squirrelmail (webgui for webmail), or use imp from the horde framework.

Works like a charm for me.