Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:02:50 -0500
From:      "Michael C. Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        gsutter@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCCARD-to-PCI bridge question

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 11:16:24AM -0700, Randy Bush scribbled:
| >> if you're on that path, get the apple airport, $300 list.
| > but, if you want to use natd or DHCP, you need a Macintosh to
| > configure it.
| see <http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/>;
| > [ It might have been better to also cc: your reply to the original poster. ]
| i presumed they subscribed to the list to which they posted.  if they had
| the bad manners not to be, then tough patooties.

Yes, I've been subscribed for a long time.

---end quoted text---
I apologize if I did not make myself clear or this has been an FAQ.
(I did find Darryl's document through Google before posting.)

What I was asking was if there were any _alternatives_ to
the $69 Lucent pccard-to-pci/isa bridge that worked with our
pccarc0 driver.  I do own a Apple G4 and did consider the
Airport station solution.

(As someone else said, Airport station is cheaper than the
Lucent Gateway.  However, the FreeBSD+pccard-pci bridge
solution is the cheapest.)

Simply put, I am cheap and want a cheaper pcmcia-to-pci bridge card
than the Lucent/Orinoco one.
And would you make a suggestion?
I appreciate your responses.

-Michael