Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:23:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        Christian Plazas <Cplazas@deltadatasoft.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: problems configuring webgear aviator 2.4

Hi

On 23-Apr-01 Christian Plazas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get my webgear aviator 2.4 wireless lan card to work.
> I am running 4.3-RELEASE on a computer that is not a laptop, but has
> an isa pcmcia adapter that came with the aviator card installed.
> The error message that I see on boot is:
>
> Apr 23 10:51:56 firstupc pccardd[93]: driver allocation failed for
> WebGear(PC Ca
> rd WLAN Adapter): Device not configured
>
> Also, I'm new to this pcmcia on freebsd stuff so it could be something I
> don't have
> set right.

It might be that the driver module is not loaded. Could you reboot, plug the
card in (hopefully get the same messages) and send me the output of
        # kldstat
If if_ray.ko does not appear in the list we have to fix that first. This is
easy to do:
        # kldload if_ray
should do the trick - although you might need to check the path.

> I am including the output from dmesg.out, pccardc dumpcis, rdreg and rdmap.

Thanks - at this stage everything is looking "okay".

> Thanks in advance,

Just to let you know, getting the card to work might take a couple of spins
around a tedious loop of trying to get a correct memory map set up. Once this
is sorted the driver works pretty well - good enough for buildworlds (albeit
slowly!).

> C.P.

Duncan

---