Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:47:43 +0200 (EET)
From:      Olcay Alic <olcay@ieee.metu.edu.tr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

Hello I am Olcay Alic from Turkey.
I have setup a FreeBSD machine and had problems with trying startx and/or
X.I think this is because I did not correctly entered the values for
monitor specification.I tried to run xdm so I opened the etc/ttys file
with ee editor and the made what was written in your
freeBSD.handbook
(ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure
change I made is off to on.)
then the document says that I run KILL -HUP 1 to sen a sighup to init
processto force it to re-read its configuration file.
Now I can't use my computer I tried to close from the buttun and then open
again several times but after I see login: prompt on the screen in 1
second the monitor is black!I can't do anything now,can't control the
monitor.I can't see it.
Please urgent help.
Thanks in advance.
Olcay ALIC