Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:24:23 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        peter@sandilands.vu
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600E and 5.2

> From: "Peter Sandilands" <peter@sandilands.vu>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:15:16 +1000
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> I just dug out a TP600E, installed 4.10........
>
> Xircom RE100 - works fine (16 bit card)
> Xircom RealPort Cardbus Ethernet 10/100-Modem 56 - no go,  expected as
> no cardbus support in 4.x
> D-Link DFE650 - works fine
> 3Com Megahertz 3CCFE574BT - works fine
>
> The "E" is a 2645-5JA
>
> Just FYI these also work in a TP600, TP600X
>
> If I use 5.x I need to run OLDCARD but the above cards work there also

This surprises me a bit. I have not booted V5 on my 600E for about a
year, but I was running NEWCARD on it at that time. Has something
broken?

I do belive that I did have to add a sysctl to make NEWCARD work,
though, but it supported my CardBus 10/100 Xircom card.

Maybe I should try updating to CURRENT and see how it does.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)