Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:09:38 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sudden need for a wireless card for 5.3

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 03:58 pm, Mike Meyer wrote:
> I suddenly find myself in need of a wireless card for a 5.3 desktop
> box.
>
> Anyone want to recommend something?
>
> 	Thanks,
> 	<mike

How about a Cisco Aironet 350 PCI card.  It's an older, proven model
(802.11b) with good power output.  It uses the an driver.  It works
great with FreeBSD and Linux (but is hosed in the latest release of
NetBSD).

The card costs about $200 retail; but I just got one on eBay for much
less.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould