Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:42:02 +0200
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD logo...

--=.V'Y/,YD0pP87jO

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:46:45 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> Do some searches and the first thing you'll find is that Chuck (the
> daemon) has not satanic or religious significance whatsoever.  To

Please, don't call him Chuck :)

Read: http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/index.html

"Many folks have asked about the BSD daemon's name. Contrary to a myth
first started by some advertising droid at Walnut Creek, the daemon's
name is NOT Chuck. He is very proud of the fact that he does not have a
name, he is just the BSD daemon. If you insist on a name, call him
beastie."

Also, does anyone else find it ironic about a christian complaining
about a daemon being used as the logo? I mean, these are the people that
used to kill in the name of God, some even still do it (Israel)

/me puts asbestos suit

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net