Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:22:13 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        David Landgren <david@landgren.net>, David King <ketralnis@ketralnis.dyndns.org>
Subject:   Re: HP Netserver LT 6000r

On Friday 01 July 2005 11:36 am, David Landgren wrote:
> David King wrote:
> > Again, for the curious and those searching the archives (believe
> > me, I wish this was available when I was setting it up): SMP is now
> > working without a hitch. All I did was compile with the default SMP
> > kernel configuration file. All of the other changes had to be made
> > to get it to boot at all. I'd love to see APM working, but have yet
> > to make that happen. Same with WOL.
>
> Good grief! I started searching the web for information on this beast,
> never realising I had the thread sitting in my inbox :)
>
> I inherited a 6-way HP Netserver LT 6000r and I've been getting it to
> run 5.4-STABLE. If I let it boot by itself it hangs on the first of the
> following two lines (the second is never displayed)
>
> amrd0: 52095MB (106690560 sectors) RAID 5 (optimal)
> ses0 at amr0 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
>
> (full dmegs output is at the end of this message).

So, I'm confused as it seems that your dmesg below shows the box booting up
just fine past this hang.  Does it hang with ACPI enabled but work fine with
ACPI disabled?  If so, you can probably run the box just fine with ACPI
disabled.  Can you check to see if all the IRQs are the same for the ACPI and
non-ACPI dmesgs?  If so, then you probably just need to disable ACPI.