Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:09:48 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        grg@philol.msu.ru (Grigoriy Strokin)
Cc:        flygt@sr.se, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The new release and ports

#define quoting(Grigoriy Strokin)
// 2) Several ports from FreeBSD/ports-3.0 don't compile:
// they make gives a message this ports is broken for ELF and exit.

This is normal.  3.0 was the very first ELF release, and they did not
have time to adapt and test every port in an ELF environment.  As a
consequence, they were marked broken.  If you really need a system
working, use -stable (2.2.7 or any later 2.2-snap).

Thanks Justin, at least we now know which ones work or not.

// P.S. Now I now how to deal with those broken [libkrb] packages:
// just symlink any valid sharead lib to libkrb and
// libdes:
//
//  cd /usr/lib; ln -s libipx.so.2 libkrb.so.3; ln -s libipx.so.2 libdes.so.3

Ouch.   :)

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro