Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 10:31:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VFAT 32 support in msdosfs

On 26-Apr-97 The Classiest Man Alive wrote:
>At 04:55 PM 4/25/97 +0200, Joachim Kuebart wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>Is there VFAT32 support in the current msdosfs? If not,m I'd be ready to try
>>and do it..
>>Note: From what I've heared, Windows95 that supports VFAT isn't even shipped
>>any more. So this will probably be dying out soon.. :-)
>>

>Where'd you hear that?  Doesn't seem like Microsoft to just break the chain
>of backward compatibility like that.

The Win95b release (only OEM release, so you couldn't buy it freely anyway :)
had some problems, I don't remember if it even was only about VFAT... I also do
not remember from where I heared it, so it might be bogus..

>K.S.
FreeBSD                                        <http://www.freebsd.org>;
Top breeders recommend it

Joachim Kuebart                                      <joa@delos.lf.net>
<joa@stuttgart.netsurf.de>          <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Germany                                             Tel: +49 711 653706