Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 1995 19:11:37 +0000 ()
From:      Steve Spiller <steve@microdot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony CD-ROM

In the release notes on the freebsd web-server, it states that for the
new 2.1.0 release :

(scd)   Sony proprietary interface (all models)

Well, I have a Sony CDU-535 and can't get it to work.  After booting with
the -c option and setting the scd device to my settings ( 0x340 address,
etc. ) During probing the busy light comes on, it waits, then displays
"timeout" and continues on...

I know this doesn't work for 2.0.5R, it only works for the Sony CD-35 ( I
think that's the model ).  Was it fixed to work with the CDU-535 under
2.1.0 or was the document mistaken?  Or perhaps I am doing something
wrong?  It was a royal pain to get 2.0.5 installed because of this so
I'd really like to see the CDU-535 supported with 2.1.0 :)

					-Steve
					 steve@microdot.com