Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 1995 15:29:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        dennis@etinc.com, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 will require a minimum of 8MB for installation.

 agree wioth you, but we're talking about what can be done before 2.1
to save ourselves from certain embarasment and a possible fatal
flaw

it's not just how much is needed to install.
but people ask
"How efficiently does it use RAM?"
and thelinux people say.
"Well FreeBSD doesn't even install in 4MB"
and the user goes to Linux..
(misleading, but must marketting is..)