Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:59:13 +1100
From:      "Neeraj Arora" <Neeraj.Arora@ems.rmit.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <eskildaas@hsbs.mil.no>, <will@unfoldings.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 Questions

another good place to search for information would be the book

the design and implementation of 4.4 bsd

regards,
neeraj

>>> Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net> 02/26/03 06:52PM >>>
On Wednesday 26 February 2003 9:34, someone, possibly Aas, Eskild, typed:
> Dear Sirs
>

> We are three students attending H=E6rens Ingeni=F8rh=F8gskole (the =
norwegian
> millitary engineering school). We are currently working on an assignment
> about operating systems. We are writing about FreeBSD 4.4. We would like
> to know if you can help us find , or tell us where we can find
> information about these following subjects:
>
> *	OS structure
> *	Process-handling
> *	CPU-handling
> *	Memory-handling
> *	Filesystem (implementation)
> *	I/O structure
> *	Security

A good place to start would be the FreeBSD developer's handbook, this =
is=20
available at=20
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/index.=
html=20

It is not written specifically about 4.4, which has been deprecated for=20
quite some time now, but focuses on FreeBSD in general, it should get =
you=20
well on your way there though.

Will

--=20