Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:02:44 -0400
From:      "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>
To:        "NON-DODGY EMAIL" <ckas@ecr.mu.oz.au>, "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:

Hi,

     There is a Banshee X Server for Linux, that has been ported to NetBSD,
but I haven't had any luck getting it to run on FreeBSD.
     However, the latest version of XFree86 (3.3.4) supports the Banshee
natively, but here's the catch: At the moment I think that they only have
binaries for FreeBSD 3.x
I am running FreeBSD 3.2 with XFree86 3.3.4, with a Diamond Viper 550 card
and it works perfect and the Banshee is in the card list.

You will have to get FreeBSD 3.2 (which comes with XFree86 3.3.3.1    I
believe) and download XFree86 3.3.4     Thats what I did. If you have a
Windows system available and a means to get the files to your FreeBSD system
(e.g. CD-RW or something), the easiest way to download X is on Windows,
rather than doing it on a non working FreeBSD system.

I would recommend that you upgrade the next chance you get.

Bill
billieakay@yahoo.com