Date:      27 Oct 1999 18:59:59 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WYSIWYG word processor needed

J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> writes:

> The problem is, many of my papers are required to be in MS .doc format.  I
> would like a nice, stable WP and maybe a conversion utility, or just a
> 'save as' option. I don't really do any fancy formatting, but it might be
> nice to have font type and size control as well as formatting and spell
> checking.  Also important: I do not have a printer.  I am a poor student
> with a laptop, and i must use someone else's printer.

All of my papers used to be "required" to be in MS .doc format too.  After a
few of my professors were confronted with the printed output from LaTeX, all
but a couple of them said that requiring .doc was not really a good thing to
do if one could make better use of the other tools one knew.

The rule here is "show them the printouts."

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]