Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:32:05 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Gary Landers <gary@tein.net>, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HELP! alignment error -- dec 21140AF chipset

Gary Landers <gary@tein.net> wrote:

>     I dont get the error with an ISA card (DC7274D chipset) If this is normal
> traffic causing the error why dont I get it with the other card. Can I
> disable displaying the error? Do I want to? This system has run for 2 years
> with the ISA card and not shown the error, We added memory, upgraded the CPU,
> changed to the PCI NIC and upgraded the OS from 2.1.5 now we have a screen
> full of errors.

We have there three machines with DECchip cards. Time to time we get
alignment errors and similar messages but nothing strange was
happened since. My understanding is that de driver has lot of
debugging hooks enabled default. Somewhere in the lists I read that
such behavior can be disabled easily. Dig into archives and I believe
you find that out.

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee