Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:30:59 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@molemanarmy.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: slightly OT: Unix MTA vs Exchange

Hi Wayne!

On 12 Nov 01 at 23:06 you wrote:

> If however, they are using it for shared calendaring or the calendar
> and mail client integration, be careful. I don't know of any
> applications on Unix platforms that provide this kind of 'groupware'.
>
> If anyone has any information to contradict this, I'd be interested to
> hear it. I'd love to be able to punt a decent alternative to Exchange.

The guys at http://www.horde.org/ are working on a sort of
web-based groupware suite which is written entirely in PHP. I
haven't tried out the entire suite - I'm only using the e-mail part
- but from what I've heard the latest version is quite usable.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer?