Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 18:20:15 -0800
From:      Craig Shaver <craig@ProGroup.com>
To:        "Jesse D. Troy" <jtroy@vt.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.01 Java Problems

Jesse D. Troy wrote:

> I am running Netscape 3.01 under FreeBSD 2.1.6-Release.  I am having
> the following problem.  Netscape does not display Java applets.  I can
> see the area on the screen where the applet should be, but the applet
> does not appear.
>         Java and Javascript are enabled under the Options/Network
> Preferences/Languages menu and I get no errors from the Java console.
>         I have double checked my environment variable paths (CLASSPATH,
> XKEYSYMDB, XNLSPATH) and they are all correct, and the necessary files
> are all in those specified directories.
>         If anyone has any tips on anything I could do to solve this problem, I
> would greatly appreciate it.

I have 3.01 running on 2.1.5R and it seems to work for me.  I went to
gamelan and played the video poker card game just now.  What exactly are
the pathes you are using, and what do you have in them?

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088