Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:43:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /dev/pcaudio: cat: stdout: device busy

The above error is what I receive when I try to cat a .au file into
/dev/pcaudio.  The device is configured and spkrtest works, so I know that
is not the problem.  The error leads me to believe that something is
accessing the device, but I don't know how to determine that.  Can anyone
help with this? I found nothing in the archives relevent.

Jonathan Fosburgh
Geotechnician
Snyder Oil Corporation
Houston, TX