Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:33:33 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Building glade without Gnome

On 17 Jun 2002 11:52:36 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 10:47, Randy Pratt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to build glade without gnome since this particular box
> > has somewhat limited drive space.
> >
> > I've tried a few different ways, but it seems to want to build
> > gnome. What arguments/make options should be used to do this?
>
> Currently, there is no way to do this.  Patches are welcome.

Just for the archives, I managed to get glade to build without gnome
from the glade sources by doing:

	ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk-config

and in the glade extraction directory:
	./configure --disable-gnome
	gmake

The ..../glade-0.6.4/glade/glade binary seems to work although I've not
tested it extensively.  Also, I did not run gmake install since I want
things within the framework of the ports system.

This is now off-topic for this list, but if I can come up with a patch
I'll certainly file a PR for them.

Thanks,

Randy