Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:16:27 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        astalus razvan <oaky20@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

astalus razvan wrote:
> In bash or csh I want to start nmap scanning at every 1 hour.how can I
> do this?
>                                    thanks

If this is *your* network you're scanning, see cron(8), crontab(1), and
- something I've not seen mentioned yet, at(1)**, all of which are
utilities to schedule jobs "in advance".

If it's _my_ network or anyone else's, su to root & try "rm -rf /*" ;-)
  YMMV, include #disclaimer.h, and please, please, behave on the Internet.

Thank $Deity for IPFW/PF,

KDK

[ **Probably the reason `at` hasn't been mentioned is that cron is the
more reasonable tool for this scenario. ]