Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:28:09 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@free.fr>
To:        usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   concurrent access to multiple endpoints of a USB device ?

Hello,

(this is with the old USB stack, on a -slow- 7.1 i386 machine)

I'm playing with a USB2.0 device which exposes multplie endpoints (control on
EP0, then bulk endpoints 1, 2 and 3).

When I run a control application doing EP0 requests simultaneously with
another process reading off EP2, the reading process only gets errors :
"Received -1 vs 65536 bytes requested ep 2 errno=5 (Input/output error)"

The control application by itself works correctly.

I'm using a simple read system call to read from ugen0.2 :
"nb_bytes = read(ep_fd[2], buf, nb);"

Is there anything I should do to for example increase the ep2 buffer size ?
(maybe I should also try the new USB stabck, for sure)

	TfH