Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 14:48:59 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup is broken?

>Call me slow etc but judging by the FAQ thats the time frame.
>
>Don't mean to say anything nasty but.. with those instructions its not
>exactly a 'first pass' operation for me at this point.

You can use the alternative, which I guarantee is easier than sup to set up.

Simply make a directory (ctm_directory) to hold the ctm files.
Use ftp to fetch them from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/ctm/
(and /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/src-2.1* if update 29 hasn't been moved yet)

Set up the initial src/ directory -- empty if you don't have the CD (use
the "A" starter) or a copy of the src/ tree from the CD ROM (use the much
smaller "C" starter)

run ctm    ctm <ctm_directory/*

That will bring you up to date.

If you later wish to update again, fetch the newer files (they will be
quite small) and run ctm again.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net