Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:57:23 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports database somehow munged on one of my machines: undefined method `each'

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:15:10PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 12:49:55PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
>=20
> > --->  Deinstalling 'bsdiff-4.1'
> > ** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
> >         ! bsdiff-4.1    (undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass)
> > --->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
>=20
> That's a bug in portupgrade(1).  Or rather it /was/ a bug in
> portupgrade -- I believe a fix was released within 24 hours.
>=20
> Anyhow, to avoid the problem, simply edit your
> /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf file and make sure that it contains the
> new BEFOREDEINSTALL hash.  Refer to the pkgtools.conf.sample file for
> details.

Excellent, that did indeed solve the problem. Thanks,

-T

--=20
I work for an investment bank. I have dealt with code written by stock
exchanges. I have seen how the computer systems that store your money are r=
un.
If I ever make a fortune, I will store it in gold bullion under my bed.
    - A.S.R. quote (Matthew Crosby)