Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:23:45 +0900
From:      "Hidetoshi Shimokawa" <simokawa@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Dylan Cochran" <a134qaed@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple dcons writers

It is unpredictable if multiple dconschat write to dcons buffer at the same
time because there is no serialization on updating the current pointer
of input buffer.
The pointer is not on the configuration rom but on the dcons buffer.
(see dcons.h)
Since dconschat polls the pointer, multiple writers work as expected
for usual interactive use.