Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:27:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk (Roger Hardiman)
Cc:        glateur@mri2.rug.ac.be, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which bt-card to buy?

It seems Roger Hardiman wrote:
> Soren
>
> > > If you do not want to capture video, then the ATI card is a good
> > > option.
> >
> > Huh?? I can capture video all I like with my ATI setup
>
> Sorry.
> I thought there was no video capture option with the ATI card.

Well, there you are :), I can even watch the video I'm capturing, IIRC
the bt based setup disables onscreen video when capturing probably due
to having enough bus bandwidth..

> The ATI card sounds rather good then.

I think so, the only problem I have with it, is that is limitted to ATI
HW only, but what the heck, the do pretty decent videocards and they
are well supported under XFree86, and if you go with the All in wonder
cards you only use ONE precious slot (AGP|PCI) ....

-Søren