Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:12:50 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Dave Wilson <davew@sai.co.za>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Antivirus addon for sendmail

Dave Wilson wrote:

> Hi guys, howzit going?
>
> Does anyone know of a good anti-virus addon for sendmail, that will detect
> and clean Windows type viruses when mail is sent through the sendmail box ?
> Thanx ;-))
>
> Regards
> Dave Wilson
> The S.A. Internet
> (033) 3456777
> 0825496159
> http://www.sai.co.za

We're currently using Amavis (which intern utilizes one of any major
Antivirus scanners available for FreeBSD), -We went with Sophos
antivirus, but I've been told it works quite well with McAfee's as well.
	Amavis also removes absolute paths from
.rar,.jar,.zip,.tar,.tar.gz,.bz2, etc files, and a few other nice
security tricks to it too, check it out, (opensource free software -but
requires a third-pparty virus scanner). The url is below:

http://satan.oih.rwth-aachen.de/AMaViS/

P.S. - Sorry for the late reply; found this in my 'un-sent' folder and
figured better late than never, sorry if I re-open what should be a
closed thread.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com