Date:      Thu, 17 May 2018 11:40:24 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Erich Dollansky <freebsd.ed.lists@sumeritec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsync for FreeBSD 12

<freebsd.ed.lists@sumeritec.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> On Wed, 16 May 2018 23:45:44 -0700
> Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org> wrote:
>=20
>> I have a Rapsberry Pi 3 running FreeBSD 12 current.  I would like to
>> be able to install rsync and a few other packages on it.  However,
>> there are no packages available.  I don't have enough disk space to
>> install the ports.  Is there a way to do this?
>=20
> I use NFS, alternatively, you can use binaries from 11.
>=20

As best as I can tell there are no binaries for Rapsberry Pi 3 for =
FreeBSD 11.  Support for that was introduced in 12.  What I did was to =
bring down the source for those ports on a 11 system, do all the =
pre-compile work and then tar the entire directory.  Copied it to the Pi =
and then built it there.  Rsync relies on libiconv so I had to do the =
same for that also.  Interestingly enough, rsync couldn't find the =
libiconv.  Ktrace showed it never looked in /usr/local/bin.  So I added =
a link for it in /usr/bin and now it works.

-- Doug