Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 11:39:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminals and environments

Can't help you much except with your university account. When I connect to
a bsdi box from myu FreeBSD box it says the same thing. I just use vt100
as my terminal type. Find out what type of unix the uni is using and maybe
talk to your system admin about which type of terminal you should be
using.
Also when you're at the uni type "echo $TERM" and it should tell you what
one you're using.

Hope this helps
Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au