Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:10:10 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Pascal Giannakakis <CapM@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bluetooth (BlueZ) or WLAN in FreeBSD

Lo ppl,

i'd like to link a WinME PC to my FreeBSD via Bluetooth or WLAN, depending
on what
works and / or is cheaper. The (air-line) distance is around 10 meters
through 2
walls.

What would you recommend for this scenario (e.g., what drivers will work
fine with
FreeBSD)?

- 2 WLAN devices
    - Internal PCI card
    - external USB box

Or

- 2 bluetooth USB dongles

While i'm sure i will find a way to make windows use ip over bluetooth, i
wonder if
FreeBSD in the latest release will make it. I found this project:
http://bluez.sourceforge.net

The FreeBSD mailing archives lead me to this link, but on this site it talks
of Linux
only, and i cannot compile it on FreeBSD =(

The bluetooth solution seems smarter to me, and i'd love to see it work on
my fav OS,
as i can plug it out and carry it around in my pocket, use it with cellular
phones,
notebooks, other computers etc, so i would try this if bluetooth is
supported at least
in a basic manner.

Any comments appreciated, thanx!