Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:04:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        "Chuck O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: error messages from bt driver

In article <19990311161748.D27999@milf18.bus.net> you wrote:
> Has anyone seen anything like output attached below? It shows up
> pretty much daily at 2:00 a.m. (specifically when the security script
> runs `find' I think).
>
> I have replaced the disk once and verified correct termination of the
> SCSI bus.
>
> I spent a while reading through bt(4) and bt.c, but I haven't been
> able to diagnose anything from them. I am mostly interested to know if
> it is a harmless diagnostic, buslogic hardware/firmware issue, or an
> actual error condition.

Well, from a quick look at the code, I would guess that your
card is getting somewhat confused under high load.  I would
suggest switching to 5.06I as 5.07B has been reported by the
Linux driver author to occassionally hang under load.  5.06I
is also the only firmware version Mylex is distributing off
their ftp site.

I'll check in a fix to '\n' terminate the mailboxs full warning.

--
Justin