Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:26:49 -0600
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Makefile and md5 file are up to date?

I've just installed FreeBSD 3.4 from the main ftp site.  This is the second
machine I've done in a few weeks but this time I'm encountering some
problems.  After the initial install, I went into the ports directory and
installed the following:

sshd
pine
tcsh
sudo

These installations went off without a problem.  I then disabled the use of
inetd by editing /etc/defaults/rc.local, because I'm just going to use ssh
and scp and the machine was restarted.  I'm now trying to install some
additional ports but for any of the ports I try, I get the following
(substitue any port name for modula-3lib in this case):

Make sure the Makefile and md5 file
(/usr/ports/lang/modula-3-lib/files/md5) are up to date.  If you want to
override this check, type
"make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Yes, I could issue the command as instructed but I'm concerned why this
error is now appearing.  I've looked through the mailing list archives and
have searched on the web for similar situations.  Everything I found just
said to issue the command as instructed.

Any information would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

Oscar
oscars@mail.utexas.edu

"Don't believe the hype"