Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:40:02 -0800
From:      Vadim Kurland <vadim@vk.crocodile.org>
To:        heikki soerum <heikkis@student.matnat.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FWbuilder/Libfwbuilder compile crash.

On Jan 12, 2004, at 3:12 AM, heikki soerum wrote:

> Sorry to bother people here, but it seems that the
> "ports/security/libfwbuilder" port doesn't seem to compile
> cleanly on Fbsd-4.9-Stable and Fbsd-5.2-release.
> Both ports require the *exact* aclocal from automake-1.5,3.
> GNU automake-1.7 or GNU automake-1.4 will crash the compilation.
> Unfortunately, if you run portupgrade -a it will upgrade the
> GNU automake-1.5,3 to GNU automake-1.7, and the dependants listed in
> the
> libfwbuilder port Makefile doesn't specify this exact version of
> GNU-automake needed.
> I'm not even sure if it's possible to specify what version of
> GNU-automake an port is depending on. :|
>
> As I can se it there are two solutions, either the
> "ports/security/libfwbuilder" needs to be updated to work with
> gnu-automake-1.7(elegant but it might need major patch-work
> on the libfwbuilder source.)
> Or the /usr/ports/security/libfwbuilder/Makefile can be updated to
> specify exactly that it needs GNU automake-1.5. (simple but a bit
> dirty.)
>
> Or I'm just blowing in the wind and is having an userland error, but
> having tried to make the port work in about an week now I'm at least
> tossing the ball to the mailinglist for som feedback.
>
> Please CC me any answers to the mailinglist since I'm not an
> subscriber.

this is a known problem, it will be fixed in the next version of
fwbuilder. The port will be updated once this version is released
(soon). If you can't wait, you may want to try to compile updated
version using cvs snapshot available on the nightly builds site (follow
the link found on the page
http://www.fwbuilder.org/archives/cat_downloads.html)

Firewall Builder:  http://www.fwbuilder.org/