Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:42:20 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        toby.whaymand@ntlworld.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Software before trying it

> If the Mac uses BSD would that not mean that any one can use Mac
> software on a PC-BSD...
>
> My mind is telling me that this is not possible so it be intresting to
>know the reason behind it... to learn

Please wrap lines around 72 chars.

The primary reason is that the Mac uses a completely different GUI than
any BSD does.  A secondary reason is that the Mac does not use FreeBSD
exactly, it uses bits and pieces, so it's not a 1:1 copy.

However, there are lots of programs that were written for Linux/BSD that
have easily been ported to the Mac, because the systems are so similar.
It's a lot easier than porting software to Windows.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.