Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:07:04 +0100
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>, Paolo Tealdi <tealdi@sb.polito.it>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq DL370 [long]

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000, Joshua Goodall wrote:

> We had some trouble with frisbee on DL380's which Adrian Chadd sorted out
> for us... although not, I believe, working alone, so I'll let him reply to
> this <g>.

I suggest you try a single CPU in the DL380. I installed 4.2-RC1 on a
DL380 (euro, I believe the euro and US versions are different!) without
any trouble. It has an "ida" raid controller, not a straight symbios card.

I haven't tried it in SMP yet, but I've heard bad things about SMP on the
DL series (and the lack of extra CPU/rectifier might prevent me trying :)

I'll email you a dmesg on Monday if you'd like.

(thanks for dobbing me in josh :)

adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for