Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:36:25 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Glenn Johnson" <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>, "Wayne Pascoe" <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        "Aleksandar Simic'" <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: The right way to burn CDs ?

You may be somewhat interested in my story then:

I'm an owner of a Phillips CDD2000 cd, this is the one
that the class-action lawsuit was filed on.

Well, I recieved a brand-new replacement Phillips CDROM
drive in the mail a couple weeks ago, as a result of
settling that class action.

Only problem was - they sent an IDE burner, NOT a SCSI burner.
The class-action was filed on the SCSI burners.  Needless to say
Phillips found a way to worm out of the settlement and screw
the consumers again, since the IDE burners are of course cheaper
than the SCSI ones.

I figured that it took 4 years to get the bastards to make good
on their crappy hardware and I wasn't going to wait another 4 years,
besides that my wife's Winblows system works great with it and
they at least did ship out Adaptec EasySleasy creator which
reads ISO's.